If you have an artistic mind and you love you make something decorative.
Attractive for your home then clay pots are definitely a great idea to work with.
You can make different items or can also so some painting on the clay pot in such a way that it will make the plant look better.
It may also happen that you not even notice the plant just because the pot is so attractive.
To make a painted clay pot you need to have 4″ clay pot, opaque apple green acrylic paint, opaque blue lagoon acrylic paint, opaque yellow acrylic paint, semi opaque pumpkin acrylic paint, semi opaque white acrylic paint, fine point permanent black marker.
✅ Best Clay Pot Arteza Outdoor Acrylic Paint Set
Perfect for painting garden accessories! – Used this set to repaint a lawn ornament. It works really well. Had to add a few layers to cover up the dark with a light color but it worked. The paints are easy to use and cleanup is pretty easy. Colors are pure and clean.
✅ Best Terracotta Totem Design Planter Pot
Attractive, well-made pots – So cute for the price!! They are all sturdy, well-made, and attractive. the vendor included both a screen to cover the drainage hole, and a felt pad to protect the windowsill under the pot, which is much appreciated. The pots were packaged extremely well, and arrived very quickly. The vendor follows up to insure you received the pots and nothing was damaged
A nice propagation station – Gorgeous! Perfect for propagating plants or throwing in small flowers. You have to put this together yourself, but it’s easy with the instructions. In order to clean the glass, you have to take all of the pieces off the rod at once – so you will need a helper. There are rubber stoppers in between each glass, which keep them in place.
✅ Best Clay Pot For Home Garden
A gardener’s necessity – These are the perfect pots for larger succulents because they are shallower than regular pots. Those are hard to find. Very sturdy, real terra cotta and arrived in perfect condition
Steps to make a painted clay pot:
1. First using a small ruler and pencil, you should measure the height of the clay pot starting just below the rim.
Then mark off the halfway point between the top and the bottom of the clay pot.
Altogether you should measure and mark off the halfway point at four opposite places on the pot.
2. Now holding the plastic measuring tape up to the clay pot, connect the halfway points and then draw a light pencil line between all the halfway point marks around the pot.
3. Line up the ruler with each of the halfway points around the pot one at a time.
Draw a light pencil line from the top of the plant pot just below the rim to the bottom of the pot at this point.
You will have 8 squares drawn on the pot.
4. Then you have to decide on the color scheme or arrangement of the colors into squares you have drawn on the pot.
In one set of squares you can fill any combination of two colors and in the other one also you can fill other set of colors.
5. Squeeze a small amount of the pumpkin acrylic paint on the paper plate and gather a small amount of paint on the straight edge of the brush.
Paint along the straight lines of one of the squares with a generous coat paint on the paper plate.
Outline and fill in one of the square completely with a generous layer of paint.
Now paint the square diagonally across from it pumpkin using the same method as you did for the first one and let the paint dry.
Rinse out and shape the brush again.
6. When this paint is drying, you can turn the pot around to other set of 4 squares.
Squeeze a small amount of yellow acrylic paint on the paper plate. Outline and fill in one of the squares with a generous coat of the yellow paint.
Paint the square diagonally across from it yellow suing the same method as you have did for the first one and then let the paint dry.
7. When the paint on this side is drying, turn the pot around to the first set of 4 squares.
Squeeze a small amount of apple green acrylic paint and paint the square diagonally across from it green using the same method as you did earlier.
Again let the paint dry and you can rinse out and shape the brush again.
8. Again while this paint is drying turn the pot around to the second set of 4 squares and squeeze a small amount of blue lagoon acrylic paint on the paper plate.
Next outline and fill in one of the squares with a generous coat of blue paint. Paint the square diagonally using the same method and let the paint dry.
9. When the paint is drying for the last squares you have painted, it is time to paint the edge of the pot white.
Squeeze a small amount of white acrylic paint onto the paper plate and paint the edges.