When it is holiday time, only one drink comes to mind: eggnog.
This healthy drink recipe is delicious and it uses soymilk instead of whole milk. It gets a completely new flavor and color with the addition of peppermint oil.
A drink fills up your tummy just before you hit the sack. Serve it warm and you will be on your way to sleepy town.
Now you can dream away while Santa does his magic.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. peppermint oil
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- First, take your 4 eggs and put the egg whites into a bowl and the egg yolks into a bowl.
- Put a half a cup of white sugar into each egg bowl. Beat each egg bowl slightly.
- Add the heavy cream gradually to the egg whites. Keep whipping this mixture. Add vanilla to this egg bowl. Now in one medium sized bowl, combine both of the egg mixtures.
- Slowly add the soymilk. Continue stirring while you are adding the milk. Eggnog would not be complete without using some ground nutmeg. This recipe adds it right into the mix and not just as a garnish on top.
- This recipe also uses more spices than just traditional nutmeg. Now add ground cinnamon and pumpkin spice to the mixing bowl. Keep whipping the eggnog. Now time for a special addition to ordinary eggnog.
- Add one tablespoon of peppermint oil. This gives regular eggnog more of a Christmas flavor.
- Chill your eggnog in the refrigerator before serving. After it has chilled, pour the eggnog into a holiday punch bowl. Add a dash of ground nutmeg on top and a dollop of fat free whip cream before serving a glass to one your guests.