While visiting and having tea at a friends house, I came upon a very old and interesting recipe. Here it is as it appeared… warts and all.
- 5 ounces Hops
- 8 Gallons Water
- 2 1/2 Pound Brown Sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons Yeast.
- Boil hops and water together for 45 minutes.
- Add the sugar and when dissolved
- Strain into a bowl or tub.
- As soon as it is lukewarm, add the yeast.
- Let it work for 48 hours then skim well and strain into bottles or a small cask.
- Cork secure let it remain for a few days before using it.
Here is an old onion ring recipe that for goes well with flat beer. Just remember 1+1=2
Best Onion Rings Ever
- One cup beer, One cup flour, Let sit 2 hours in fridge.
- Slice yellow onion in 1/4″ rings, Deep Fry in hot oil. Drain in paper towel when brown and onion is cooked.
- You can carefully add 1T cider vinegar to the oil if you are watching your weight.