Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
- 1 Formal Disclosure Policy About Advertising & Affiliate Relationships
- 2 Informal Disclosure Policy About Advertising & Affiliate Relationships
- 3 The Bottom Line…
- 4 The Full Version…
- 5 Cookie/Tracking Technology
- 6 Information collected by third-parties.
- 7 Distribution Of Information
- 8 Commitment To Data Security
- 9 RSS And Email Subscriptions
- 10 Comments
- 11 External Links
- 12 Privacy Contact Information
Formal Disclosure Policy About Advertising & Affiliate Relationships
This blog may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions, or other forms of compensation. Even though the owner of this blog may receive compensation for posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blogger’s own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
Some of the advertisements are generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements may or may not be identified as paid advertisements.
This website contains endorsements for products and services, which means when you click on a link from this website and take a specific action, such as making a purchase or signing up for an offer, The Homeschool Collective may receive a commission. Not every link is an affiliate link (like links to external resources and references), but some are.
The Homeschool Collective is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Informal Disclosure Policy About Advertising & Affiliate Relationships
What does the legalese above mean? Well, in other words, it means this website contains endorsements for products and services. It means that when you click on a link that I recommend, I may receive a commission. Not every link is an affiliate link or advertisement, but some are. Some products will be my own.
I may occasionally place banner ads on the site that will also result in commission. Furthermore, some of the text/image ads throughout the site are generated by a third party ad network like Google AdSense. These are not explicitly endorsed by me; they are chosen by via an algorithm.
If you have any questions about affiliation with a certain product or ad, feel free to contact the author of the post in question for additional details.
The Bottom Line…
I hate spam as much as you do. If you subscribe to my newsletter or the RSS Feed I will not spam you or sell your email address to anyone else. You can always unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe button.
The Full Version…
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Information collected by third-parties.
We may allow third-party companies that use tracking technologies, such as cookies or pixels, to record IP information about users who visit or interact with our website. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative which offers a single location to opt-out of ad targeting from member companies.
Distribution Of Information
We do not share your personally identifiable information with any third party for marketing purposes. However, we may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
Commitment To Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized staff of this site (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt-out of further mailings.
RSS And Email Subscriptions
This website records information about how people access our RSS feeds, but does not collect any personally identifying information from or about our RSS subscribers. This website’s feed services collect the e-mail addresses of individuals that subscribe to our RSS feed via e-mail. Individual information about subscribers to this website’s feed is held in strict confidence; we will not release or disclose any specific subscriber information under any circumstances unless required by law. Aggregated information stripped of any personally identifiable information may be disclosed.
Comments submitted to this website are the responsibility of the commenter. We reserve the right to remove or edit comments at our discretion. Site URLs (if provided) are published along with comments. Email addresses are required with the submission of comments but are not disclosed unless the commenter deliberately does so him/herself by entering the email address in the main comment box in addition to the box clearly labeled for the e-mail address.
The Homeschool Collective reserves the right to delete any comments that it deems not beneficial to the readership. This includes but is not limited to comments containing profanity, self-promotion, harassment, threats, or spam of any sort.
The website contains links to other websites not owned by the owner of this website. We will not, and cannot, control how your personal information is used on these other websites. Consult the privacy policies of the linked websites to see how they use your information
Privacy Contact Information
The Homeschool Collective Terms And Conditions Of Use
The term “TheHomeSchoolCollective.Com” or “The Homeschool Collective” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of this website. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- The Homeschool Collective disclaims any liabilities whatsoever from your decisions based on influenced by this site.
- The materials on this website have been prepared for informational purposes only and are not intended to be construed as advice.
- Reading this website does not establish any kind of advisor-client relationship between us. You may email me any time you would like and I will be more than happy to offer any insight that I may have into your situation. But, consider it advise from a friend. It would not constitute any advisor-client relationship either.
- As most are aware there are many costs associated with running a website. I use advertisements to offset those costs. That said, I offer you my promise that I will only personally recommend or endorse something if I feel that it would be of value to some of the readers. If I find a product or service that has helped in my life I will let you know about it. The purpose of endorsing products or services is for your benefit, not mine. I will tell you about the best products and services that I find regardless of whether I see any benefit from them.
- There is no cost to the users to use this site. So, just consider the advertisements as a form of supporting the site.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services, or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material that is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website are subject to the laws of the United States of America.
Blog content. All the contents of the Blog, EXCEPT FOR COMMENTS, constitute the opinion of the Author, and the Author alone; they do not represent the views and opinions of the Author’s employers, supervisors, nor do they represent the view of organizations, businesses or institutions the Author is a part of. The content of this Blog is not intended to cause harm, but if You have any concerns about the contents of this Blog, please contact the Author. Disagreeing with the content of the Blog does not constitute sufficient ground for You to ask the Author to remove or modify any parts of this Blog.
Copyright policy. All content being part of this Blog is property of the Author, unless noted otherwise. All logos and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. You are not allowed to sell or modify any part of this Blog. If you wish to reprint or use any of the articles you find on TheHomeSchoolCollective.Com please contact The Homeschool Collective for permission. You are welcome to link to this blog and to discuss its contents in a respectful manner. When You quote or link to this Blog, please include the Blog’s name in your link. You are not authorized to use this content for personal profit.
Comment policy. The Author is not responsible for the content of any comments made by the Commenter(s). The Author is also not responsible for knowing whether the content of Your comment is breaking the law in other countries or jurisdictions. This blog is a venue for discussion; therefore, the Author will not delete critical comments, or comments portraying a different opinion from the Author’s own. However, the Author reserves the right to edit, delete, or not publish a comment if this is deemed to be potentially illegal (this includes, but it is not limited to comments containing hateful, libelous, and defamatory content). All comments on this Blog have to be written in English. Please do not endanger Yourself or break the law when you comment. Comments intending to advertise and/or off-topic (”SPAM“) will be deleted. The Author also reserves the right to block Commenter(s) who have previously published offensive comments, illegal content, or SPAM.
Forbidden actions. You are not authorized to (i) use this Blog to advertise for products of any kind and for other Blogs, (ii) to infringe the Copyright policy and Comment policy of this Blog, (iii) to attack this Blog using malicious software and/or use this Blog for data mining (iv) to commit any illegal actions while using the Blog, or against this Blog, (v) to restrict access to this Blog, (vi) to impede the normal functioning of this Blog and (vii) to menace the Author with, or cause physical or financial harm to, the Author of this Blog.
No Guarantee. The Author makes no guarantee regarding the validity of the content of the Blog. In addition, the Author does not guarantee that the blog will be accessible at all times or during any down time (i) caused by outages to any public Internet backbones, networks or servers, (ii) caused by any failures of Your equipment, systems or local access services, (iii) for previously scheduled maintenance or (iv) relating to events beyond the Author’s control such as strikes, riots, fires, floods, explosions, war, terrorism, governmental action, labor conditions, natural and/or man-made disasters, or interruptions in Internet services to an area where the Author or Your servers are located. Although the Author will try to moderate comments quickly, the Author makes no guarantee to the commenter that its comments or trackbacks will be displayed promptly, without modifications, or that they will be displayed at all, as all comments will be published to the discretion of the Author.
No Warranty or Condition; Links. The Author makes NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. If you choose to access the Blog, you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK. To the extent links and external content are based on or displayed in connection with the Blog, THE AUTHOR SHALL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE DISPLAY OF SUCH LINKS AND SEARCH RESULTS, whether this external content is breaking the law in this or other jurisdictions. YOU AGREE TO USE THE BLOG AT YOUR OWN RISK, and that You will not consider the Blog’s content to be a suitable substitute for professional advice.
Limitations of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES, AND THE AUTHOR’S LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY CLAIM IS LIMITED TO THE GROSS MONTHLY AMOUNT PAID BY THE AUTHOR FOR HOSTING SERVICES DURING THE ONE MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE DATE OF THE CLAIM. Each party acknowledges that the other party has entered into this Agreement relying on the limitations of liability stated herein and that those limitations are an essential part of the Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, the Author shall not have any liability for any failure or delay resulting from any condition beyond the reasonable control of the Author, including but not limited to governmental action, labor conditions, power failures, natural and/or man-made disasters. The Author is not liable for the content of any comments the Commenter might leave on this blog (see Comment policy).
Obligation to Indemnify. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Author, its agents, and applicable third parties (collectively “Indemnified Person(s)“) harmless from and against any and all third party claims, liability, loss, and expense (including damage awards, settlement amounts, and reasonable legal fees, brought against any Indemnified Person(s), arising out of, related to or which may arise from Your use of the Blog and/or Your breach of any term of this Agreement.
Applicable Laws; Venue. The Author operates the blog from Beaver County, Pennsylvania, and makes no representations that materials in the Blog are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Access to the Blog from any location where the content is illegal is prohibited. Any claim related to the use of the Blog or to the Blog materials shall be governed by the laws of the Beaver County, PA, U.S.A.. Any action related to the access, use, content, or existence of this Blog shall be filed only in the appropriate court located within PA. The use of this Blog constitutes Your express permission and consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and/or state courts of Pennsylvania for purposes of such actions.
Legal notices and Contact information. If You are intending to carry out legal action of any kind against the Blog or the Author, you are required to contact the Author SEVEN BUSINESS DAYS before any legal claim is made. Please remember that the Author means to DO NO HARM to You or anyone else by writing this Blog. If You feel that your rights have been infringed, please contact the Author, and allow seven business days for the reply to be received. The Author will do whatever possible to address Your concerns.
Official DMCA Copyright Infringement Notification
Takedown Policy and Procedures
We respect the intellectual property rights of others just as it expects third parties to respect our rights. Pursuant to Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c), a copyright owner or their agent may submit a takedown notice to us via our DMCA Agent listed below.
Our website follows the safe harbor provisions of 17 U.S.C. §512, otherwise known as Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to send a written communication that includes substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
By email on our contact page.
In accordance with Federal Trade Commission regulations for bloggers please note the following:
- Receive free books to review
- Receive some sort of gains such as money, reciprocal blog post, or other products, for things she writes about or links to
- Use affiliate links to receive a commission for any purchases you make on other websites you click through to visit from this website including sites like Amazon.
- Receive free or paid attendance and airfare/travel to any meetings or events she writes articles about or discusses
- Get something beneficial for herself for anything she does on her blog or website
For further questions, please get in touch with the contact form below.