This year for Halloween, Fiona and I came up with the idea of making a Mary Poppins costume. Since Mary Poppins is one of our favorite films and literary characters, we knew it would be fun to create.
Using some inspiration from Pinterest, we
- pulled the necessary clothing from my closet
- found Mary-esque shoes at Goodwill
- bought a toddler-sized canvas hat on Ebay and spray painted it black
- glued Dollare Tree flowers onto the hat
- papier mached and painted a parrot head onto a black umbrella
Shirt, skirt, and tights: FREE
Red Ribbon from scrap box: FREE
Spray paint, Papier Mache and Paint supplies: Free
Not bad at all!
Do you DIY your Halloween costumes?
If you want to stay updated on new posts and info from THC, sign up for my free newsletter!